Q: Why doesn’t my site rank?
A: Typically if you don’t rank well, it’s because you’re missing one or more of these key things:
1. Targeting keywords on your sites that aren’t too competitive (as in only a few or less sites on page 1 of Google have that exact phrase in the blue link, known as the title tag, in the search results).
2. Not having the keywords in your title tags (this is a huge one) or as the titles of your sites or blog posts, as well as not using the keywords at all throughout the content of your websites.
3. Not targeting different keywords on each of your webpages on your website where each keyword is targeted to a different page specifically built around that keyword.
4. Not getting any relevant backlinks to your site (note that getting tons of crappy backlinks, which other services often offer you, is a horrible idea and can result in your site losing rankings and even getting booted out).
5. Not having the proper h tags, meta tags, and so forth.